Thursday, December 1, 2011

Abandoning the iPod (but not forgetting)


I’m excited to share that I’ve finally upgraded to Spotify premium today. It already seems like a great investment.

About a year ago was the dreadful day when the music (aka my iPod) died, along with the 30 gigs of music stored on it. The whole episode was devastating, but I decided to hold off on buying a replacement, since my phone has ample storage space and an adequate music player. Then, along came Spotify, and made that decision even easier. While I fully embrace and enjoy iPods, the $249 investment needed to house all of my music seems a bit steep, and also involves a lot of work with the transfer and updates required to keep my ears happy. Now I have endless songs at my fingertips, although I’ll likely need to also invest in a backup phone battery for all the streaming I intend to do. This is probably beginning to sound like an ad, but the point is that I am just super pumped to have a plethora of music back in my life and most importantly, on-the-go.  

Follow me on Spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment