Monday, October 17, 2011

Minus the Bear Anniversary Tour @ Metro: Chicago, IL

Minus the Bear rocked through Chicago last week. And I mean rocked. They played their 10th anniversary tour Chicago show at Metro. I knew it was going to be good when they announced months ago that this tour would include the entire Highly Refined Pirates album. To my delight, they also played some other new and old personal favorites, including Pachuca Sunrise. 

The music was pure listening gold. Based on old ticket stubs and rough memory recall, I estimate that this was the seventh time I've seen them live since 2007. Based on my objective and subjective opinions, this was the second best performance yet, and it was only second to my first live MTB experience (which is hard to forget and/or replace). 

If you live in one of these cities, I highly recommend grabbing a ticket while you still can. If you missed out, check out this video of Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse from the Metro show, compliments of YouTube and a fellow concert-goer, who I don't know but owe a thank you for capturing the good vibes. Thank you, fellow concert-goer.

No comments:

Post a Comment